Cost: $265 per person
Elective Hours: 16 hours through ID POST
Download Brochure For Leadership for FTOs
Instructed By: Lt. Randy Voight
The role of the FTO is key in any law enforcement organization in building the first line of leadership.
This program will give you new insights into the skills and tools needed to be effective at this rank and lead your trainees to success.
In this class you will learn:
- How to better address the ethical decision making process among your trainees
- How to promote a positive culture among your trainees
- Practical tools to help you build first line leadership skills
- The role of the FTO in maintaining standards and holding people accountable
- How to be a better coach and communicate effectively; Conflict Resolution techniques
- Tips for using adult learning theories to effectively train your new recruits
- Problem solving and having tough conversations
- How to align your personality traits with those of your trainee
- How to use your personal skills to build a successful training environment
This course is designed for new and long‐time FTOs who want to hone their skills and get new ideas for leading their trainees. The position of FTO is the first line of leadership in any organization. This program gives a new way of thinking about ethics, leadership, accountability, the FTO’s role in creating a positive leadership environment, and how your role aﬀects the larger organization. Through direct, dynamic presentations, candid discussions, relevant case study and informative group exercises, this course gets to the heart what it means to be a leader. This course is taught by one of PLI’s most charismaic and dynamic instructors who has years of law enforcement experience in FTO, ﬁrst line supervisory and mid management roles, leading patrol teams, specialty teams, special projects and more.